Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Time to get Food and Supplies in order 35 days left


Today I received my Mountain House freezed dried shipment! Hmm good stuff can't wait to dine on dehratyed food in the desert. Especially after a nice long run through the scorching sun. Something about eating dehratyed chicken is wrong on so many levels. I am sure the Barbque Sauce with Beef will bring me back to Texas in a heart beat when I dive into it while watching the sunset over the dunes of the Sahara. Although I haven't tested the Barbque it surely will be delightful maybe as good as Cooper's in Mason.

I also signed up for that Heat Yoga stuff today. I'll be starting that next Monday can't wait for that bit of torture.

The big event this evening at the Osburn household was the prepartion of the Toilet paper. This involved reducing the single roll I will be taken  from 425 sheets to 300 sheets plus removing the cordboard center. While I unrolled the roll and counted the sheets down to the proper amount "Margarita" our dog watched  with a curious expression. I do not think she was impressed by my dilegence. Melinda didn't give me a second look since she has been helping get ready by cliping the extra bits of paper off the ends of the M and M packages to help cut down on my pack weight. I really hope that 300 sheets is enough for the 9 days in the desert as Marathon des Sables organizers did not send me any info on that little detail.

It appears there will be 43 nationalities represented in the 25th MDS they include
South Africa, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Korea, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Guatemala, Ireland, Italy, India, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Latvian, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Morocco, Mexico, Norway, New Zealand, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Tunisia and USA.

25th MDS = 250 kms

News from the officals:
In october,, Mr Patrick Bauer was with his "fine" team of patrollers. Setting off to survey the area for the creation of the “famous” 25th MDS course, we were able to glean a comment for future participants.
Exclusively for the darbaroud.com website, I can reveal and confirm what numerous competitors have imagined for the 2010 edition! Yes indeed, the course, which is still made up of 6 stages, has been slightly extended to reach a total of 250 km - the 25th anniversary requires this! The itinerary will be packed with the most beautiful sites in the Saharan provinces. The menu will include dunes, mountains, dried up lakes, regs, oases and ... more dunes!"

Cheers Tim

1 comment:

  1. The fact that there are no Trinidadians in this race makes us either lazy or smart...I'll go for smart. "If you're going to be stupid; you better be tough" Kenny 2009

    Cheers
    Patrick

    ReplyDelete