Tuesday, March 2, 2010

More prep and sand gaiters


It sounds simple just throw the pack on an run 150 miles across the Sahara desert. Only problem is there seems to be a dozen details to tend to as we have to be self sufficent for a whole week. One of the keys is a pair of Sand gaiters (sexy numbers shown above) have to be stitched on to the shoes otherwise sand gets into your shoes and after a few miles your feet are mangled. Apparently the sand heats up to 140 degrees and plus the abrasion factor of it can make for a bad thing. So I took my shoes to the Austin Shoe Hospital for the fitting. I told "Joe" the Manager my story and what needed to be done.  5 minutes latter he finally stopped laughing at me and he agreed to sew the velcro strip on to my Brooks Cascadia trail shoes. I told him these gaiters were going to be the fashion rage and people were going to be lining up in mass. He just kept laughing and told me I was crazy. I seem to get a lot of that lately. Next week I get a medical check out and EKG. Next thing I know they will be asking for blood. Oh I forgot they already did that. My diary will continue

Peace Out
 Tim

2 comments:

  1. Robyne Fontenot-OwenMarch 2, 2010 at 9:24 PM

    Tim ~ I'm in awe of the process you must go through for this...enjoying reading your blog and look forward to following your journey. Good Luck!
    Robyne Fontenot-Owen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks it should be fun and interesting.

    ReplyDelete