Monday, March 15, 2010

The Heat is on 15 days to go!!

Currently up in Idaho at a not so top secret training facility. The temperature is 28 degrees but the air is thin. Basically I am just doing ski run after ski run after ski run. The legs and lungs feel great to the point I forget we are at 9000 feet. Yesterday morning there was about 10" of fresh powder. Deep enough for some chest shots but not quite face shots. I got up early and was able to get in several runs in before it got all cut up. Time to get back out and get the burn in the legs going again. Then some heat time in the sauna. Next week it will be full kit time as in with all the actual stuff I will be taking in the pack across the Sahara. That is instead of weight and stuff. I am getting very excited about facing this race head on in just a couple of weeks!

Cheers Tim

2 comments:

  1. I know all that training has got to be tough. It would be nice for the rest of us, if you would make it sound, or look tough. From here, it has the look and feel of a vacation! Snow Skiing and spa treatments? FEEL THE BURN!!! It's good for ya!

    Have fun and good luck! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get up early to get the fresh powder so there is the sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete