Friday, March 5, 2010

EKG and Thanks.


"CROC"

Today was a great day as I got my EKG and physical out of the way. My heart rate this morning was 42. By the time I got to the doctor and finished doing all the other test. (NO GLOVE thank you very much) Then came the EKQ and it showed a 52 BPM the Doc's only question was is if I was taking any heart medication to make it that slow. Which I am not so that is good thing all systems go on the cardio side.

Also special thanks to Steve Dailey AKA "Croc" with http://www.primefocuscoaching.com/ and founder of http://www.achievementbridge.com/ he has been helping me with pre-race mental preparation and in-race techniques/tips. One thing the "Croc" knows for sure is how to prepare you to perform at your peak level.

Peace Out
I hope you enjoy this story as it plays out.
Marathon des Sables Diary

1 comment:

  1. Runner 651

    unfortunately I have managed to stress fracture my knee so I'm out ..

    so this year I learned two things the hard way :

    1. the perils of training too hard too soon
    2. the idiocy of thinking that you don't need cancellation insurance

    Best of luck to all of you this year - have a great race ... wish I was goin!

    hope to be there in 2011

    rgds
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete