Monday, July 5, 2010

The Tent

Pictured above is Erich Schlegel, Molly Cummings, Tom and Kim Woods in the tent.
Tim and I have a lot of visitors coming and going which is really cool. The tent can simulate altitudes up to 13,000 feet. The tent is being used nearly 24 hours a day by one of the "Sweet 16".  We are not going to Disney World but to an environment that can be very harsh on ones body. The purpose of the tent is to give our team an advantage of some pre-acclimatization before we start up the mountain.
 Our goal is to be as safe as we can but there really are no guarantees. Besides it looks really nice in the living room.

Love to all
Melinda

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melinda!

    I've just discovered your blog - I'll be climbing Kili almost the same time as you! We leave Cape Town on the 21st and start our climb on the 22nd.

    We're doing the Machame route - I'm raising funds for the Red Cross Children's Hospital, so hope I'm going to make it to the top!

    Visit me at my blog - www.mykili2010adventure.blogspot.com. Who knows - maybe we'll meet up on the mountain!! Good luck to you guys!

    Emilene Ferreira
    Cape Town

    ReplyDelete