Sunday, July 4, 2010

Kilimanjaro Expedition only 2 Weeks till we leave.



Happy 4th of July!! I started my day by doing 2,500 feet on the stairclimber. I just walked straight into the pool afterwards clothes and all. I had to cool down. Our Expedition named the "Sweet 16" leaves on the 18th for Tanzania. We will arrive at Kilimanjaro Airport on the 20th then start up the mountain on the 21st. The "Sweet 16' consist of 16 wonderful people who are all training hard and looking forward to a slow climb up the mountain. In addition we could not even attempt without the 35 Porters, Cook, 5 Assistant Guides and our Head Guide John. All together the "Sweet 16" Expedition will consist of nearly 60 people. Expedition member Steve Dailey and I are climbing for the Belize City Rotary's Club Clean Water Project. To see more about Steve's efforts go to http://betterhalfliving.org/    The photo of my new monogramed dufflebag.

No comments:

Post a Comment