Tuesday, July 27, 2010

SUMMIT!!!

Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First every one is safre
If you would of told me I would have stood on top of the hightest mountain summit in Africa a year ago I would have told you are crazy!  Let me go back over the lasr 36 hours. We started to high camp 2 days ago. Less than 1 hour into the journey up one of our  strongest members developed Acute Mountain Sickeness and had to head down. We all cried as we said good bye to Tom Woods. Physically he was strong but Tim had been monitoring his Oxygen Saturation and it had become dangrously low and unsafe. We reaced Barfu our highest camp early afternoon. We began the Summit assault at 10;30 PM. I felt good but the climb was so steep and I knew I had 9 hours of solid cliimbing ahead of me. We slowly grinded up the mountain  under the full moon.  Tim was not able to accompnay us as he was in the baackm making sure others were OK. All through the night I climbed I can tell you CHILD BIRTH  is easier! The only thought in my head was a Rotary District Govenor said if I made he would give 100 dollars to my cause . I climbed on for Clean water in my mind ONE family would have clean water if I made it was my montray so sorry for the bad spellingf . But I climbed on and we ccryed at the summit more to come! thanks for your suport!! African keyboard doesn't work well

No comments:

Post a Comment