Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Getting in?




A month had passed and one morning I was out hiking with a backpack. It felt great the only thing I can think of is the "Marathon Des Sables". I look up the United States website called "Dreamchasers Outdoor Adventure LLC which handles the registration for MDS for US, Canada, New Zealand. I shot off an e-mail to them asking if anyone had dropped out at the payment deadline. His initial reply was "no" but he would let me know if one opened up. Spots are highly coveted and hard to get. There are only about 60 spots to the US, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia combined. A week went by and one Monday morning Jay Batchen had sent out an email from "Dreamchaser" A spot had opened up. I immediately talked to Melinda and we talked it over. I briefed her of the basics and the death ratio. She always wants to know those little details. She said "Sure just don't die and the summit is an option not mandatory." I told her "At least a get to sleep during this event a vague reference to the Texas Water Safari."
I downloaded the 6 page form and began to fill it out. Then I needed to make copies of my passport and provide 3 passport photos. Then get a form notorized. You get the idea I throw in a check and overnight it to Driggs Idaho.

No comments:

Post a Comment